[If you cannot play the above video, try viewing it on YouTube.]
If you have not done so, read Rule of Engagement. If you have, re-read it.
Please read these pages on The Undetected Rapist by Dr. David Lisak. You will meet him in this week’s video. This article will prove useful as you watch the video below.
An article by Malcolm Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers) on the recent scandal at Penn State. Really clear summary of how Jerry Sandusky, a well-connected pedophile, set up a constant stream of targets. And why it took so long to stop him. Your parents, too, should read this.
Based on Dr. David Lisak’s research on “undetected rapists,” this video depicts a college male describing how he sets up sexual assaults at his frat parties.
The aim in watching this is to understand how someone such as “Frank” plans and executes those plans. Remember, every attacker needs both a target and an opportunity. As you watch, consider these questions:
- Would “Frank” consider his actions rape? Why, or why not?
- Would the female classmate consider them rape? Why, or why not?
- Under Washington state law, would this be rape?
- Every assailant needs a target. How did Frank choose her?
- Every assailant also needs an opportunity. What steps did Frank take to create his opportunity?
If you understand how the “Franks” of the world create their set-ups, you are better equipped to recognize and thwart those plans.