In October 2003, I founded Strategic Living, so I can continue to empower women through classes, speaking engagements and one-to-one consulting. Since then, Strategic Living has partly or fully subsidized classes and seminars to non-profits serving women’s and community interests. Organizations that have benefitted include transitional housing for women, food bank volunteers, youth, AmeriCorps programs and women out of abusive relationships.
The three ways I donate are:
- gift certificates for your silent auction,
- class to raise funds for your non-profit, and
- partly or fully subsidized class for your non-profit’s staff, members, or clients.
Please contact me with any donation request.
If you are requesting a gift certificate, I will mail it to you along with supporting materials.
If you are requesting a class, please consider the questions below.
- Backgound and Present Situation: Why would your employees/members/clients benefit from this training?
- What Are You Looking For: Are you requesting an interactive lecture or a hands-on seminar? More physical or more awareness and verbal skills? Why?
- Future Changes: What outcomes are you expecting as a result of this training?
- Buy-In: How will you ensure that your employees/members/clients attend? Or, if looking for a fundraiser, what are your goals and how will you publicize the class to ensure sufficient attendance?
- Demonstrate Financial Need: Why are you requesting a class be subsidized?
There are a limited number of donated slots available. Selection will be determined in part by judgment of fit between the aims of the organization, strengths of the trainer, and commitments already made.