ABOUT THIS CLASS
Why Pepper Spray
Easy to obtain, cheap, no permit required, and simplicity of use make pepper spray an optimal choice for those who want added protection. Yet, as with any other tool, there is some learning and practice involved if you want to get the most out of it. In this class you will learn the significance of differences in spray patterns and heat, when size matters, and how to use it. You will practice actually firing inert training units at stationary and moving targets. And you will learn how to incorporate pepper spray as an effective aspect of your personal safety skill set.
What You Will Learn
- What’s actually in those canisters
- The differences in spray pattern and why you should care
- When size matters
- Making it accessible under stress
- Ready, aim, fire!
- What’s next?
- Sunday, June 28, 10 am – 12:30 pm. Location: ONLINE via Zoom. You will need access to an outdoors space, and an old Halloween mask. And you will need to be able to pick up materials at least a couple of days in advance.
- Sunday, August 16, 10 am – 12:30 pm. TBD (either at the studio of the Feminist Karate Union or online).
Each class size limited to 8 students. Student needs to be at least 16 years old (exceptions can be made under specific circumstances, please contact me first).
Looking to Buy Pepper Spray?
If you are looking for recommendations, I don’t have a favorite brand but I do have preferred features. I suggest a cannister with a flip top, 2 ounces in size, and a streaming output. Cone or fog output is a second recommendation. Any heat level is more than sufficient!
You can find pepper spray on Amazon.com (I often order from J&L and I am NOT affiliated with them). I do not sell pepper spray.