ABOUT THIS CLASS
Why Pepper Spray
Easy to obtain, cheap, no permit required, and simplicity of use make pepper spray an optimal choice for those who want added protection. Yet, as with any other tool, there is some learning and practice involved if you want to get the most out of it. In this class you will learn the significance of differences in spray patterns and heat, when size matters, and how to use it. You will practice actually firing inert training units at stationary and moving targets. And you will learn how to incorporate pepper spray as an effective aspect of your personal safety skill set.
What You Will Learn
- What’s actually in those canisters
- The differences in spray pattern and why you should care
- When size matters
- Making it accessible under stress
- Ready, aim, fire!
- What’s next?
- Tuesday, July 6, 2:30 – 4:30 pm. Location: Feminist Karate Union, 920 South Holgate St, Seattle WA 98134.. Cost: $99. Register online
- Saturday, Aug 14, 11 :00 am – 1:00 pm. Location: Feminist Karate Union, 920 South Holgate St, Seattle WA 98134.. Cost: $99. Register online
Each class size limited to 8 students. Student needs to be at least 16 years old (exceptions can be made under specific circumstances, please contact me first).
COVID UPDATE JUNE 2021: All instructors are fully vaccinated, and we require all participants who are eligible to be vaccinated. Masks may be required.
Looking to Buy Pepper Spray?
If you are looking for recommendations, I don’t have a favorite brand but I do have preferred features. I suggest a cannister with a flip top, 2 ounces in size, and a streaming output. Cone or fog output is a second recommendation. Any heat level is more than sufficient!
You can find pepper spray on Amazon.com (I often order from J&L and I am NOT affiliated with them). I do not sell pepper spray.