Beyond the Basics: Self-Defense 102
Self-Defense 102 takes up material you learned in Self-Defense 101, and kicks it up a notch!
This is a progressive skill-building class, which means each session will review what you learned the previous week(s) and build on those skills. You should be prepared to commit to attending all 4 sessions. Each session is 2 hours in length. This should not be your first self-defense class; a prerequisite is Self-Defense 101, or another multi-session Empowerment Self-Defense program.
Next class dates:
Sunday mornings, October 23 - November 13 (4 sessions). Location: 1426 South Jackson Street, Seattle WA (studio of the Feminist Karate Union. Cost: $189. Register online.
Thursday evenings, October 27 - November 17 (4 sessions). Location: Seattle Central College on Broadway. Cost: $189. Register online.
- Review decisive targets and strikes, 3+ combos, and other components of physical skills.
- Increase your practical agility and footwork to better leverage your strength effectively.
- Learn to continue even if the fight hits the ground.
- More practice with verbal tactics, including de-escalation, the "Broken Record," confrontation strategies, assertion, and "energy matching."
- Dealing with two attackers
- Basic strategies for facing an attacker with a weapon.
- Simple joint manipulation to stall or disable an attacker.
Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Widget Loading...
Click Here to visit the Brown Paper Tickets event page.