Self-Defense 201 for Women
What is Self-Defense 201?
Self-Defense 201 is for women who want more. If you have completed Self-Defense 101 (or another basic multi-session self-defense class) and want to go deeper into these specific topics, we're here for you.
What Will I Learn?
- Review of basic physical and verbal skills
- Review and expansion of physical (3+) combinations, including adding footwork and fluidity to movement
- De-escalation and assertive verbal skills
- Session 2:
- Pepper Spray
- Dealing with multiple attackers
- Session 3:
- Other weapons (defending against and using)
- Human trafficking (yes it happens here, and why it matters to you)
- Keeping your community safer: education and bystander intervention
- Session 4:
- Self-defense when you are with a small child, elder, or incapacitated person
- More de-escalation and other verbal skills
- Community Safety
When and Where?
This second offering of Self-Defense 201 will be four Saturday afternoons, March 22 through April 12, 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
Location is the studio of the Feminist Karate Union, 1426 South Jackson Street, 3rd floor, Seattle WA 98144.
Cost for all 4 sessions: $300
Cost for Session 1 only: $99
Cost for Session 1 and one additional session: $197
Cos for Session 1 and two additional sessions: $267
Please note that bypassing Session 1 is NOT an option, as basic skills and concepts from the first session will be critical later sessions..
<REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Please fill out the Registration form below (be sure to find that oh-so-subtle Submit button towards the bottom right), and then continue onto PayPal for completion. Registration is NOT complete until payment is received.