Beyond the Basics: Self-Defense 102
Self-Defense 102 takes up material you learned in Self-Defense 101, and kicks it up a notch!
This is a progressive skill-building class, which means each session will review what you learned the previous week(s) and build on those skills. You should be prepared to commit to attending all 4 sessions. Each session is 2 hours in length. This should not be your first self-defense class; a prerequisite is Self-Defense 101, or another multi-session Empowerment Self-Defense program.
Next class dates:
Thursday evenings, February 28 - March 21 (4 sessions), 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Location: Seattle Central College, 1701 Broadway, Room 1139B, Seattle WA 98122, . Cost: $169.
- Review decisive targets and strikes, 3+ combos, and other components of physical skills.
- Increase your practical agility and footwork to better leverage your strength effectively.
- Learn to continue even if the fight hits the ground.
- More practice with verbal tactics, including de-escalation, the "Broken Record," confrontation strategies, assertion, and "energy matching."
- Dealing with two attackers
- Basic strategies for facing an attacker with a weapon.
- Simple joint manipulation to stall or disable an attacker.